Life After Business
Opportunity Zones: What are they and how do they work?
Brian Forcier returns to the show to discuss the exciting development of the 2017 Tax reform and especially the component of the bill that focuses on Opportunity Zones. Brian is the managing partner in Titanium Partners, an investment firm. He tells me about the U.S. Treasury sponsored program and how it can be a game changer for your business.
Opportunity Zones are rural areas in America that never fully came back from the 2008 recession. Titanium Partners have dove into this new program and are helping their clients take advantage of the numerous benefits. Brian shares some of those benefits and which business investors would do well to take advantage of the program.
What you will learn:
- Welcome back, Brian Forcier to the show.
- What is Titanium Partners and what do they do?
- How Brian and his team develop long-term relationships with clients.
- What is a 1031 exchange and what does it do?
- What are Opportunity Zones?
- The 3 steps to investing in an Opportunity Zone.
- How simple it is to register the investment as a fund.
- How are Opportunity Zone investments different from 1031 exchanges.
- The importance of reinvesting in an Opportunity Zone deal.
- Why you shouldn’t solely focus on Opportunity Zones.
- The time window for the program and possible extensions.
- Why nobody is really talking about this.
- Who should look into this opportunity and who shouldn’t.
- The top 5 concerns Brian sees his clients have with the Opportunity Zone option.
Don’t jump on this just because it’s cool. Make sure Opportunity Zone investments are a smart play for you. It needs to fit into your plan. Don’t try to shoehorn it in, and make sure you consult someone like Brian before you completely jump into it.
Links and Resources:
About Titanium Partners:
Titanium Partners operates primarily in the Midwest and the Western US; advising high net worth individuals, family offices, and private businesses on new business developments.
Titanium Partners focuses on investment advising and private placement partnerships. Titanium Partners handles acquisitions and sales of commercial real estate and business assets across all investment classes.
Currently, Titanium Partners is looking to network with Advisors such as Business Brokers, Real Estate Brokers, Attorneys, Accountants, and Family Office Managers looking for alternative investment options in the private capital space. Titanium Partners plays multiple roles in a variety of investments every day and we have handled hundreds of transactions, worth over $800 million dollars.
Brought to you by Ryan Tansom of Life After Business